Original name was USS MUNAGO, operated by the Munargo Line Co. Purchased by War Department March 1941, Conversion begun for Army service, was to have been named the ARTHUR MURRAY, but when transferred to the Navy it was named the USS MUNARGO. When later transferred to the Army she was renamed the THISTLE. Converted in 1943/44 to a Hospital ship with name USAHS THISTLE, but converted again in 1946 to carry 318 military dependents.
Final Disposition, sold for scrapping, 13 March 1957, at Astoria, to the Learner Co.